Skip to main content

Update Registration

Please note, the following information will guide you in the process of updating an existing voter registration record in Florida. If you are not already registered to vote and wish to register to vote for the first time in Florida, click here, or if you would like to see if you are already registered to vote in the state of Florida, click here.  

You can make changes to your voter registration record or request a replacement voter information card (if there are no changes to your record). Any change to an existing voter registration record can be made using the Florida Voter Registration Application FormVoter Registration Application Form or the PDF Registration Application Form, which is also located in our office and other local offices and businesses throughout the county.  However, for some of the changes, other methods for making the change are available that may be more convenient. Choose from the options below:


*Pursuant to Florida Statute 97.1031, name, political party affiliation, and signature updates require an original signature before a new Voter Information Card can be issued. Please print out the form, fill it in, and mail it to our office, or visit one of our offices to complete the change.

If you have moved to Florida from another state, you must register as a new voter.

Since 2006, Florida has utilized a statewide computerized voter registration list called the Florida Voter Registration System (FVRS). Instead of registering to vote at just the county level, voters now register at the state level and are issued a unique state voter ID number.  This has also made moving your registration from one county in Florida to another as simple as updating your address, rather than having to re-register to vote.  Moving between counties in Florida is considered an address change, not subject to the 29 day book closing deadline, which applies to persons registering for the first time in Florida.